Reliance Jio Happy New Offer
On Thursday, 1st December Reliance Industries chairman Mr. Mukesh Ambani has announced that all existing Reliance Jio users will be migrated to Jio Happy New Year Offer offer to enjoy Free 4G service till 31st March 2017. There were rumors about the ‘Welcome Offer’ extension till 31st March 2017 which are finally confirmed today by Mr. Ambani.
Its been the largest ‘free’ offer by any Indian company ever and its really fueled up the 4G network segment rapidly. There is no doubt this will boost the ‘Digital India campaign’. Mr. Ambani also announced the digital payment solution ‘Jio Money’ for the merchants so that can accept the online payments easily and ramp up quickly to the cashless economy ladders.
Following are the highlights from Mr. Ambani’s today speech –
- Reliance Jio has already secure more than 52 million subscribers in about 3-4 months of span only.
- Reliance Jio has grown faster than Facebook, WhatsApp and Skype.
- Jio subscribers are consuming about 25% more data than an average Indian broadband user.
- However, 4 GB data per day limit has been revised to 1 GB data per day now which is still more than enough for a normal internet user.
- Jio Money Merchants app has been launched, by this app merchants can easily signup and start receiving digital payments from their clients.
- Jio is onboarding about 1000 new subscribers every minute.
Finally, it will be a big new year gift to its subscribers who spent hours in the long lines to get their Jio SIM. Now can enjoy double (6 months) than they had put efforts for (3 months). We expect this will enhancement overall internet and digital India experience for Indian users. We would like to say BIG thanks and BEST of luck to Jio for its bright future.